Invisalign® in SoHo
If you’re looking into orthodontic treatment, you have a world of options at your fingertips. Dentistry has advanced and changed over the years, so you have to spend less money and less time to get the ideal smile. Invisalign is one such advancement. Rather than having to wear noticeable metal brackets and wires, you can adjust your teeth and bite with a series of invisible aligners. The best part? You can take them out to eat, so you don’t have dietary restrictions.
Our cosmetic dentists have experience creating Invisalign regimens for people with all kinds of cosmetic issues. From overbites to underbites to minor spacing and crowding issues, we can correct the problems that make you self-conscious about your teeth with safe, comfortable, and effective retainers.
What Is Invisalign?
Invisalign is the forerunner in clear aligners. After thousands of successful treatments, they have added unique features that help them truly stand apart from their competitors. These invisible aligners have many advantages over conventional braces and competing brands, including their compatibility with the iTero scanner that allows patients to see their future smile before starting treatment.
Visualize Your New Smile with iTero Element Plus
The iTero scanner is an intraoral scanner that helps dentists get precise, 3D models and measurements of your teeth and mouth. We can not only design your new smile and plan your treatment regimen with these scans, but you can see a picture of yourself with your future smile before ever putting in an aligner.
Seeing the end result before you ever decide to commit is a huge advantage. Not only do you have something to look forward to, but you can track your progress with each new aligner and play an active role in your treatment.
Who Is the Best Candidate for Invisalign?
While Invisalign is getting better at correcting more moderate bite and crowding issues, it’s still not suited for more complex orthodontic problems. The ideal candidate falls into these categories:
- You have great dental and oral health.
- You don’t have a severe or complex malocclusion (such as an open bite or crossbite).
- You have mild to moderate spacing or crowding issues.
- You are not a smoker.
- You can wear your aligners for at least 22 hours a day.
- You’re willing to wear retainers after you complete treatment.
Oral health is extremely important for the success of your treatment. Gums and teeth that aren’t in good health won’t respond predictably and are more likely to revert to their pre-treatment state. Thankfully, we can help you restore tooth and gum health with cavity fillings, gum disease treatment, and other endodontic procedures.
Invisalign vs. Braces: The Advantages of Invisible Aligners
Braces are sometimes the best treatment, but Invisalign can be a strong substitute for people who meet certain qualifications. If you’re an ideal candidate for aligners, then they have several advantages over metal brackets, including:
- They are almost completely invisible. Invisalign is the clearest brand on the market, making them harder to discern in day-to-day conversation and in photos.
- They are removable. Braces are a constant. This means, you have to be careful what you eat and bacteria can become a problem in those hard-to-reach places. With removable aligners, you have less maintenance and more freedom.
- They are easier on the roots of your teeth. Moving your teeth does damage the roots, especially if it’s done too quickly. Doing it in smaller increments and with more gentle pressure can prevent negative side effects from developing.
- Invisalign is considered less painful. Braces are sometimes hard to wear for several reasons, not just the rapidity of the changes. Many people find the wires and brackets uncomfortable on their gums and lips. Invisalign doesn’t poke, prod, or scrape.
We would love for everyone to have discreet Invisalign retainers, but not everyone is well-suited for this kind of treatment. Our dentists can assess your oral health and the severity of your alignment and bite issues to determine if Invisalign is right for you.
Get Invisalign Treatment at Greene Street Dental in NYC
Looking for a discreet way to revamp your smile? Our cosmetic dentists use advanced technology to plan your new smile. In as little as six months, you could be showing off straight, beautiful teeth and maintaining results with Invisalign’s Vivera retainers. Craft your custom smile at our office in Lower Manhattan because you deserve to be able to present your truest self to the world.
Book online or call (212) 226-5777 today.